Thanks very much :-)

I checked if the programs were used and they weren't
so I've ignored them too! Everything seems to be
running okay.

>From the performance side, I am happy to say the
system is generally running as good as before (which
wasn't the case when we tried to upgrade last year) so
the PTF's have obviously sorted a lot of things out.

Unfortunately our Data Warehousing module is still a
disaster. This module has some really heavy use of
imbedded SQL, far more than anything in System21. The
overnight job for example, is taking minimum twice as
long to run :-( The imbedded SQL is poorly written and
can be streamlined for performance, which is yet
another job for me.
As a company, we are not in a position to upgrade
machine right now - we priced some options up, but
GEAC also wanted their pound of flesh just to issue
new Auth.Codes because of a new Serial No.s and we
have had to put things on hold.

I'm not sure that an OS upgrade (which you are forced
to take as they withdraw support for the old version)
that means you have to rewrite large chunks of code is
a "step forward", but I suppose for shops who are
lucky enough to be playing with the latest technology,
V5R2 is a must.

Juan