From: "Angus Appleby" <aappleby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: System 21 Users <system21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [SYSTEM21] Excluding customers from Sales Analysis/Forecasting
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:47:03 +0000

Thanks for all of your replies.

I liked this kit idea too, but practically we don't want to mess about
with the system too much in terms of having duplicate item codes etc or
new stockrooms where we'll have to move stock about. Basically, I was
under the same impression as you Jeff, that how can a few samples affect
the forecast, but I was assured (!) that it's also to do with how many we
"sell" over such a short period of time, as it looks like we've had a bit
of a run on items when so many are issued in the same week. Also, since we
supply jewellery, we generally only have about 10 of some items in stock,
and the reps can have 5 or 6 of those out on the road, so we need to keep
our stocks just right as we don't want to hold too much inventory.

Its a tricky one, but I think we'll just have to report the sample account
separately and somehow adjust for them during the ordering process.

Best regards

Angus

Find out everything you need to know about Las Vegas here for that getaway. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/vivalasvegas.armx