This is a reply to a private post (see original on the bottom before you read my reply - Published with the author's permission...)

Duane,

LOL - RUNAMTASK stands for Run Application Manager Task...
Not like AM vs PM as in a morning task and an evening task...!!!
So there is not a RUNPMTASK... ;)
You may have been thinking about the Machine Manager commands RUNADSJOB vs RUNADEJOB where ADS = Auto Day Start jobs and ADE = Auto Day End jobs... RUNADSJOB is how you start the job scheduler after an IPL, I've never actually issued the RUNADEJOB command myself.

And yes, RUNAMTASK sets the library list, environment and company and LDA and checks authority, all that good stuff... Very convenient way to run JBA tasks from inside a CL program... And I believe it's the same format that Machine Manager uses... There is a newer version of that command called EXCAMTASK so if you have that one you will want to use it instead...

I'm not sure how many other available JBA commands would be useful from within a CL program...

Disclaimer - I'm not responsible for any damage caused by anything you do to your computer - use these commands at your own risk... That being said, let's continue...

You could try issuing the TOOLS command from any command line in JBA...
If you have them installed on your system you should see a list like this one:
TOOLS/UTILITIES - Run command TOOLS from any command line in System 21
XAT000 Administration Functions System: HQ140002
Type option(s), press Enter. Position to.....
1=Execute Command
Opt Command Description
ADDDSPFRID Add Display File Reference ID
CLNUSRALC Tidy User Allocations
CRTHLPPTR Create Application Help Text Pointers
DGNRPGSRC Label Do Levels In RPG Source
DLTDEP Delete File Dependencies
DLTOBJ Delete Object
DSPCTLDTA Display Application Control Data
DSPDEP Display File Dependencies
DSPDTAQ Display Data Queue
DSPFLD Display File Field List
DSPKEY Display File Key And Select/Omit Details
DSPLIBDEP Display Library Dependencies
DSPLIBSIZ Display Library Size
DSPMBRSIZ Display File Member Sizes
EXTDSPFRID Extract Display File Reference ID
FINISH Clean Sign Off
GENERIC Generic Command Facility
GETGDA Get Group Data Area From Stack
GETLDA Get Local Data Area From Stack
GETLIBL Get Library List From Stack
LSTRPG Print List Of RPG Source Member
LSTSRC Print List Of Any Source Member
MNTIPGLIBL Maintain IPG Product Library Lists
MOVSRCMBR Move Source Member
PRTDBR Print Database Relations
PRTDUPMBRN Print Duplicate Member Names For Two Files
PRTDUPOBJN Print Duplicate Object Names For Two Libraries
PRTFLD Print File Field List
PRTLIB Print Sequenced Library List
PRTPGMREF Print Program References
PUTGDA Put Group Data Area Onto Stack
PUTLDA Put Local Data Area Onto Stack
PUTLIBL Put Library List Onto Stack
RGZDTALIB Reorganize Data Base Files In Library
RMVDSPFRID Remove Display File Reference ID
SCNSRCF Scan Source File
SELMSG Select Message File Messages
WRKLDA Work With Local Data Area (JBA Layout)

You can also try the WRKCMD command specifying the OSLSYS/*ALL option... This produces a much longer list... There may also be some commands found in IPGAMF4/*ALL and IPGCFF4/*ALL that are not in OSLSYS... It really depends on whether the person who installed JBA on your system issued the command to copy those tasks into OSLSYS or not...

Again, other than the PUT/GET commands I'm not sure how many of these can or should be used in a CL... The majority are for interactive use from the command line...

As far as documentation goes, I'm not aware of any documentation for the TOOLS commands but you could try the IBM Redbook - SG24-5967-00 which can be found on the IBM page:
http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/Redbooks.nsf/9445fa5b416f6e32852569ae006bb65f/a87a82d37491c8c2852568a2007adaab?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,geac

There may be other people on the list who know more about the documentation of these commands so hopefully some of them will contribute what they know...

Thanks for letting me share your question with the list... Perhaps someone will benefit from the post.

Good luck...

----Original Message Follows---- From: "Johnson, Duane" <djohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "'jklipa@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <jklipa@xxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: JBA commands Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 12:28:26 -0500

Jeff,

  I noticed in your last posting to the mailing list, that you were using
something called "RUNAMTASK" .

  I'm assuming that the reason for this is to run all the JBA
pre-processors, and set the library list, but that's just a SWAG on my part.
This brings up a whole host of other questions, such as "is there a
corresponding "RUNPMTASK" and why not use that, are there other JBA commands
that we could be using in our CLLE programs or on command lines that we
should know about, and if so, where would I find information on them?

  Please feel free to respond via the list, if you think this would be
interesting information for everyone else also.

Thanks,
Duane

Crave some Miles Davis or Grateful Dead? Your old favorites are always playing on MSN Radio Plus. Trial month free! http://join.msn.com/?page=offers/premiumradio