Mona,

1.  If you use AS/400 Group profiles and your users all belong to one group,
you could specify OWNER(*GRPPRF) and as their objects are created, they would
be owned by the group profile.  For all but very small companies, this
generally isn't acceptable for business process/security reasons.  And, ALL
objects, not just query outfiles, would be owned by the group profile - you
might not want that!

2.      You could create a library (named something like "QRYTEMP") specific
for the creation of outfiles, have queries create their output to this library
using unique file names, and have a scheduled job that would, once a day (i.e.
when no one "should" be on the system), clear the library.  This would resolve
the problem and limit your storage exposure to one day.  It wouldn't work if
they way the users download the files is from some command or function that
needs a generic file name.

3.      You could even get a little fancier (as we've done) with the QRYTEMP
idea and allow files to exist for a certain number of days (we allow 7 days)
before they are purged from QRYTEMP.  This takes a program (I'd be willing to
share the code), but it allows for the possibility that a user may not download
the file immediately.  We use this approach and have users store both their
ad-hoc queries and their outfiles in the QRYTEMP library - and they are
automatically removed after 7 days.

==Kevin Brunk
The Butler Company