Jeff,

We changed methods from FIFO to Standard for our Finished Goods Inventory.
You have described, almost word for word, the process we used.  Everything
went very smoothly.  The only problem with using standard costing is on
purchased items where your standard cost may change between the time you
purchase receive an item and when you actually pay for the item.  This
situation will cause your stock accrual to accrue at one standard (at time
of receipt)  and relieve at another standard (when invoice is paid.)

Anthony Moore
Sara Lee Foods
West Point, MS

"Jeff Klipa" <jklipa@xxxxxxxxxxx>@midrange.com on 03/17/2003 08:38:22 AM