Yes, another great JBA scam!

When I was at my previous company, we wanted to upgrade to a 720 machine
to make use of the faster processor for the web serving elements of the
AS/400, nothing at all to do with JBA, or increase in business, or
additional throughput. We had the "minimum no of users" clause in the
contract which stated that we had to buy something ridiculous like about
another 50 users, even though we already had what we wanted at 35. After
about 6 months wrangling and much unpleasantness, we agreed to buy 5
additional users at our original purchase price (plus maintenance).

JBA argued that the clause was in there as they assumed that if you were
upgrading your processor, you must be doing better, so they should be
entitled to a share!

The whole thing left a very sour taste, and the first thing I checked when
I moved to my new company, was for this clause in our contract. We run a
model 720 here also, with 45 users, and no sign of a minimum, even though
the contract was signed at approximately the same time as my last company.

All in all, I don't believe there are any agreed standards, its purely
down to the individual salesman and contract agreed at that time. I
certainly don't envy anyone caught up in this.

Angus

"Watkins, Rick" <rwatkins@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: jbausers-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
07/03/2003 15:18
Please respond to GEAC/JBA System 21 Users