We are trying to set up security so that a given user may only have access
to a subset of our Account Level 1 codes , when using 1/GLE.
After reading infobase and using the GLW menu options below , we have not
been able to reach our goal as  user may still enquire all accounts .
In fact this is a required for about 70  g/l companies to which the user
has authority .
 Please note that    AC_LCD_1     was obtained from the Data Dictionary .
Would anyone know what is wrong /missing ? In fact how does the system
relate AC_LCD_to the actual Account level code 1 field ?
Any help will be most welcome as this is our first attempt to use this
feature .
Thanks and regards
Gilbert

 Field Level Security Maintenance
 11. Security objects

 XA550                                                         System:
   Maintain Security Objects
    Security Object
Action
    AC_LCD_1
*UPDATE
   Type in details and press ENTER
    Description . . . . . account lvl code 1
    Object Type . . . . . 1  (0=Alphanumeric, 1=Numeric, 2=Date)
    Object Length . . . .  4
    Object Decimals . . .  0
    Object Active . . . . 1  (0=Inactive, 1=Active)
   F3=Exit   F11=Delete   F12=Previous
 12. User security objects

 XA560                                                         System:
   Maintain User Security Groups
    User         Application ID   Company   Security Object
Action
    LPRBUVAT     GL     03        XX        AC_LCD_1
*UPDATE
   Type in details and press ENTER
    Security Active . . . 1  (1/0)
    Security Group  . . . VAT
   F3=Exit   F11=Delete   F12=Previous

 13. Authorised values

 XA570                                                         System:
   Maintain Authorised Values
    Security Group   Security Object   Length   Decimals
Action
    VAT              AC_LCD_1           4        0
*UPDATE
   Type in details and press ENTER
    Condition . . . . . . RG
    FROM Limit Value  . .                           1000
    TO Limit Value  . . .                           1099
   F3=Exit   F11=Delete   F12=Previous   F21=Change Condition