Here is the text of that article.
I don't think this helps you though.  This is for
Client Access Express.  I'm not sure you can control
the name assigned to the Server Session when it
connects.  You should be able to control the Subsystem
it opens in though.  I'm sure someone at ANSWERLINK
has the info you need on this topic.  There is
probably an .ini file setting somewhere.

I'm wondering why you would want your users to run in
something other than QINTER which is the default?

Does PC5250 display emulation let me assign a unique
workstation device ID, or does TN5250 assign it
randomly when I connect to an AS/400?
by Carole Miner

Q: Does PC5250 display emulation let me assign a
unique
workstation device ID, or does TN5250 assign it
randomly when I connect to an AS/400?

A:You can select your workstation device ID when using
either Client Access for Windows 95/NT or Client
Access Express PC5250 emulation. However, many
additional PC5250 capabilities have been available for
Client Access Express since January 2000 via Service
Pack SF60698 or later.

Many emulation programs don't handle 5250 workstation
IDs over TCP/IP very well, and users and
administrators want more control over how workstation
IDs are assigned and maintained.

The Express client has improved this area so that you
can select your workstation ID, have multiple 5250
sessions, and maintain everything in one workstation
(.WS) profile.

A .WS profile is where information about a 5250
session is stored. AS/400 administrators can choose to
maintain only one .WS profile on an AS/400 and have it
shared by all PC5250 sessions, thus enabling
standardization of settings. Alternatively, users can
save their .WS profiles on their PCs and change them
to suit their preferences.

IBM has added a new parameter for setting up the
workstation ID name. The format of this
parameter is :

Workstation
ID=[+][%](Workstation_Name/&COMPN/&USERN)[*][=]
 + indicates to truncate the workstation ID from the
end if it's longer than 10 characters
 % adds P (Printer) or S (diSplay) to the front of the
workstation's name
 Workstation_Name is the "hardcode device name" (e.g.,
"WS1")
 COMPN is the Computer name (this is the name
identified in the Windows Network Identification area)
 USERN is the Windows User name
 * means add a suffix (e.g., A, B, C) to the
workstation ID
 = means auto-increment the workstation ID if
additional sessions are started
(increments go from 1 to 9, then A-Z)
By establishing guidelines for naming the workstation
ID for display and printer sessions,
AS/400 operators and administrators can more easily
determine what's attached to their
AS/400 at any time.

Article Information
Article ID: 8981
Pub: iSeries NEWS
Dept: FAQ
Date: July 01, 2000

I look forward to hearing how this one works out.