We are looking at how the FIFO costing is working on serialized items and
we noticed that the costing is not coming out correctly. Here is a sample
of what is happening.

I have a work order for 2 items. The operations involved for these items
are 95 - 170 with count points at 95, 160, and 170.

At operation 160, I am able to book both items as they are not serialized
yet.

Then at operation 170 since the item is serialized, I can book only one at
a time.

The movement value for the first item booked has been calculated to $96.12
which is the actual cost for operations 95-160 for 2 items plus the cost
for operations 165 and 170 for one item.

I then book the second item and the cost for this item is 27.54 which is
the cost for operations 165 and 170 for one item.

I can see that as the quantity of items on a workorder increases, this
discrepancy increases. Is anyone else using FIFO costing on serialized
items?  Has anyone else noticed this problem?

I am curious about other customers with this issue as the UK response seems
to be that this will require an enhancement.

Jody Goodman
Systems Administrator
The ROHO Group
http://www.therohogroup.com
618-222-3642

This transmission contains information and/or documents from The ROHO Group
Inc.  The information contained therein is confidential and/or legally
privileged and the property of The ROHO Group.  The information and/or
documents are intended only for the use of the individual or entity named
on this transmission sheet.  If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance
on the contents of this transmitted information and/or documents is
prohibited.  Any accompanying documents should be returned to The ROHO
Group immediately.  If you have received this transmission in error, please
notify us by telephone immediately so that we can arrange for the return of
the documents to us at no cost to you.