Surprisingly, financial sessions were the first thing I thought of when
setting a 120-minute limit. The following is a message I sent to my AS/400
users shortly after the second message of this thread.

==========

To help make more AS/400 resources available there is now a 120-minute time
limit for inactive jobs/sign-ons before they automatically disconnect.

This will allow more than enough time to take lunch without having to take
down an active session that you may be working in. However if you plan on
being away from your machine longer than two hours it is important that you
do not leave critical "batch" type sessions open or other work that requires
exclusive use of an open record (i.e. looking into a specific record for a
part or other information). This will hopefully clean up a lot of the
lingering sessions that occur when folks leave at the end of the day.

As much as this system aggravates me I do enjoy learning these little
nuggets!

Later days,

Alan