Ram,
It may be a Y2K problem.
Cant GEAC provide the PTF????
Perhaps get someone to look at the programming side (if you have the
source)

It seems the only alternative is queries to verify the balances.
Retained earnings will need to be done manually. (FLP008 vs FLP004
then FLP004 for the control accounts).
Make sure your Memo Profit & loss are correct before you run Year End.

If it is only a few accounts, I would let it be and amend (dfu) those
that are in error.  You never know what the rebuild will do from Adam
and Eve.

Do you have a test environment/machine where you can trial things out?

Good luck

Michael

Original message from: Ram Hari <RamHari@wasserstrom.com>

>       Michael,
>       Everything was clean before I ran the rebuild, even after running
>the rebuild I did run Verify balances and unprocessed transaction
report and
>they have no errors, but still my trial balance is out of balance. I
ran
>trial balance for prior closed years and everything has changed (just
couple
>of accounts including my retained earnings !!!!!!!!!!!).
>This is highly unacceptable.
>A Gentlemen form a consulting company sent me an off the list email
saying
>that this problem is fixed in V352 SP3 and the current rebuild
program only
>works till period 9912, probably a Y2K bug but this does not help as
we are
>in V351.
>
>Anyway I have two options now:
>1. Run a rebuild again from the start of time and see what
happens.(before I
>just rebuilt from the period I had problems with)
>2. If option 1 does not work, get into each GL account and get the
balances
>right in FLP004 through DFU/ UPDDTA after doing a couple of quires
with
>FLP007 and FLP008.
>There goes my sleep for the next couple of days, thanks