As far as I can see, batch numbers serve only one purpose - Keeping
the auditors happy (and off the back of the Finance dept)!

(is that 2 reasons?)

There are no reports that report batch numbers and they can be
re-used.

So now I have discounted how useful they can be.

If you were to solve these points they you can develope a quick
rountine (using a data area for instance) that will fetch a new batch
number of request.

(remember - dont prevent the use of F12 on 1 or 11/APP)

That's my 1.5 Euro worth.

Regards

Michael

Original message from: "Prill, Steve" <sprill@rexairinc.com>