I fell foul of this one on 3.5.2 SP3. MRP does not attempt to replan past due
P/O's the argument being that if you have let it go overdue then you must need
it, the result is that, even if you demand has scheduled out, the past due P/O
just sits there. That is of course if your MRP start date is before the P/O due
date, if not it is totally ignored and, if there is still demand, MRP will
recommend a new P/O!

So the trick is to keep all P/O due dates realistic and updated.

MRP start date is controlled by the Overdue Days parameter on the Run MRP screen

See following extract from Infobase

"Overdue Days
Enter the number of days of overdue supply and demand that
you wish the MRP to consider. This number of days is
subtracted from the current date to give the MRP start date. All
supplies and demand due on or after this date is extracted."

So the Overdue days number must be big enough to cover all past due p/o due
dates or they will be ignored. We run at 180 but that's another story!

Hope this helps

Mike Newton
Logistics Director (Designate)

mailto:mike.newton@britax-pmg.com
http://www.britax-pmg.com/

Phone: +44 1262 670161 ext 6040  -  Direct Dial +44 1262 426040  -  Fax  : +44
1262 605666

Britax PMG Limited
Bessingby Industrial Estate
Bridlington
East Yorkshire
YO16 4SJ

Registered in England & Wales Company registration no. 406476 This E-Mail is
intended for the persons named only. It may contain private and confidential
information. If this has come to you in error you must take no action based on
it, nor must you copy or show it to anyone. Please delete this item from your
computer.