For those interested...

We did use 2/GLU to make a copy of the G/L for the company we were spinning
off.  This was the case where the 'new' company was keeping the existing
G/L on our box for a while, yet we also needed that G/L for our own
purposes (to close-out the company, a several month process).

With a little Geac assistance, we had the G/L copy up and working as a
stand-alone in short order.  There were a few 'tracking' files it didn't
copy that Geac tracked down for us.  If you ever need to do this, there is
a specific Geac techie I can turn you on to who makes this virtually
painless.  (This particular Geac techie also helped on our upgrade from SP2
to SP4 AP2.0. and did a fantastic job.)

R. Tim Kresky, Controller
Sunflower Manufacturing Company
Agricultural Equipment Division, a unit of SPX Corporation
ph: (785) 738-2261 x272
fax: (785)-738-2406
email: tkresky@sunflowermfg.com

                    Jeff_Klipa/Harvard@harv
                    ardind.com                    To:
jbausers-l@midrange.com
                    Sent by:                      cc:
                    jbausers-l-admin@midran       Subject:     Re: JBA ML - new
g/l company?
                    ge.com

                    01/02/2002 09:33 AM
                    Please respond to
                    jbausers-l

Tim,

Please let us know how your adventure goes...

And if you can describe your experience with the function of 2/GLU that
would be
a bonus...

Thanks.

Thanks to all for the input.

We will opt for copying their current G/L to a different environment.  Geac
tells us 2/GLU (Save G/L) can be used for exactly that purpose.  They
tested this utility for us on their box yesterday and they're satisfied
that it is working properly.