Let me see if I have this right.
2 environments (say EN1 and EN2) with one company in each (say C1 and
C2 respectively), with EN1 being the current company and C2 being the
sold one.

There are some options.
1) Copy the EN2 environment to create a new (3rd) environment at the
logical point in time.  The New Environment (EN3) could be used as the
static sold one. EN2 could continue as is.
This means you have 2 seperate operations.

2) In the EN1 environment create a new (GL) company, and copy the
chart of accounts.  Use journals to load the opening balances
(PCUPLIFT would be great and it is a freebee from GEAC here).
it can be done with loads of keying.

3) Absorb the sold company into your current company.  Again there is
keying and journals and takeon of AR and AP and .... and ...

I am doing the same thing and going to the new evironment option (5 of
them!!!)

There may be more options, but without fully understanding how you
want the end result it is difficult.

Regards & best wishes for the festive season.

Michael

Original message from: tkresky@sunflowermfg.com

>Currently we share a box with a sister company, with them set up in a
>separate environment (3.5.2 SP2).  The assets of the company are
being sold
>at year-end to a new company, who will remain on our box for a time,
while
>they work to move off to another box.  This creates a problem.  We
need
>their General Ledger for OUR purposes next year as we close out the
>company.  Yet, come January, the new company will be using the G/L
for
>their purposes.
>
>It occurs to me that the 'new' company may need a 'new' G/L.  I see
in A/R,
>A/P, Cash, and AFI where they can be pointed at different companies.
Has