Long time no see Steve.  It is a small world.

When I said Sundry Creditors I meant 11/CSP Miscellaneous Payments.
Age and the time of the night were catching up on me.

You dont want all your staff in AP as creditors and perhaps you do not
want to enter in one invoice per employee - hence payroll is the
better option.  Easier sold to management when you mention that not
only does the payment have to be keyed, but someone has to sign each
cheque.

The "." option is a good one if you dont want the payment info to
become public (eg better for terminations etc).

I like the cash idea.

Regards

"."

Original message from: "Steven Hobbs" <steven_hobbs@hotmail.com>

>Big companies face this problem every day. It might not be payroll
related.
>Perhaps they are buying a car or office furniture. The fact is the
payee is
>not likely to be paid again or at least the account does not need to
be
>managed and reconciled by an AP account. If big companies had an AP
account
>for every misc payment the AP ledger would become insane.
>
>That's why there are misc payments in cash manager processing (CSP).
100% of
>the details (including payee names, text to appear on the remittance
and GL
>codes) is entered during processing. A check (or cheque) is printed
for each
>entry. It's that easy!
>
>For all non payroll related misc payments this really should feature
in your
>procedure manuals as a very handy process.
>
>A few points to beware of :
>a) Yes, consider the tax implications. You can manage tax this way
but as
>this ought to be reflected in payroll you might as well do it through
>payroll.
>b) Misc payments print one check per entry. If you have 5 invoices
for one
>payee this will produce 5 checks.
>c) As it is not managed by AP there is no vendor account to review
history.
>All enquiries and audit trail reviews are to be done through CSE and
GLE.

>There is no master maintenance and you do not have to set any thing
up other
>than make sure your check printing aligns on your stationery.
>
>This is not ideal for payees who have say 3 or more invoices a year.
It is
>ideal for the impromptu sundry items, takes no more than 30 seconds
to key
>one in and limits clutter in your AP ledger.
>
>Pardon my ignorance as I cannot recall the menu item, but it is in
CSP.