I would be very interested in the Accounting side, i.e. Inventory valuation
and how variances are calculated that are related to the freight.

                    Suzi Rowley
                    <SuziR@fossil.com>        To:
"'jbausers-l@midrange.com'"
                    Sent by:                   <jbausers-l@midrange.com>
                    jbausers-l-admin@mi       cc:
                    drange.com                Subject:     RE: JBA ML - Landed
Costs

                    11/30/2001 02:49 PM
                    Please respond to
                    jbausers-l

We use landed costs at Fossil.  We calculate a percentage per piece for the
duty and a standard price per piece for the freight plus the cost of the
packaging and add all three into the original cost to get landed.  For
example:  say the original cost of a watch is $30.00 and the incoming duty
for that piece is 7% of the cost (2.10) plus the incoming freight for that
piece is $.50 and the cost of the packaging is $1.30, the landed cost will
be $33.90 for that style.  We are using Style, so we maintain that
information in STINM.  If you would like more information on our process,
please call me and I will get you in touch with our team members that
handle
that function.

Suzi Rowley
Accounting System Analyst