From: jbausers-l-admin@midrange.com
[mailto:jbausers-l-admin@midrange.com]On Behalf Of Kincer, Alan
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 12:10 PM
To: 'JBAUSERS-L@midrange.com'
Subject: RE: JBA ML - Bill of Materials

I looked at 25 & 27/MDEs output but it's pretty rough for comprehensive
indented reports (I think every part was on its own page and it included a
lot of labor and other info that was unnecessary).

Traditionally we had a custom RPG program that built the report and another
to print it. The layout was very clean with all sub processes indented and
in a continuous flow. The problem we've run up onto as of late is that new
parts are not being included in the comprehensive BoM and the creator of the
program is no longer with us - sucks.

This is an example of the layout we get with our printing. The data itself
is changed for purposes of this example:

PARENT       G655X803CC       BLANK YOKE                  M   DDREE
PAINT   1   1.000      0
1            G655C803CCTF     BLANK YOKE, TRANSFER        M   FR-08
PRESS   1   1.000    945
.2           G655CX01/03BCBL  BLANK YOKE, BLANKING        M   FR-09
PRESS   1   1.000      0
..3          QM655C8013BC     COIL 2.22mm*311mm SPXCT-SD  P
1   1.151      0
PARENT       G655CX04CC       BLANK YOKE                  M   MXCCC
PAINT   1   1.000   2000
1            G655C804CCTF     BLANK YOKE, TRANSFER        M   FR-08
PRESS   1   1.000    105
.2           G654CD02/04BC4D  BLANK YOKE, BLANKING        M   FR-09
PRESS   1   1.000     16
..3          G1455C8024BC     COIL 2.30*294mm SPCCT-SD    P
1    .926      0

As you can see it is easy on the eyes. I might be missing something with
respect to Sys21's capabilities. If so please advise.

Alan

Look at 25/MDE & 27/MDE. I think those will help. Just be careful on the
from part & the to part
as they can be very tricky if you forget the from part, you'll get a large
report for all parts in between. We also wrote your own report in a
friendlier format that combines the higher levels and the lower levels as
desired. We also includes the PO text if indicated and/or Spanish language
descriptions.
Mex Davis
MIS Manager
Bekum America Corp.