  • Subject: RE: How do I get my spool files into MS-Word?
  • From: "William Kanze" <wkanze@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 14:52:30 -0500

The real problem is that IBM did not keep there different computers on the
same platform as far as operation systems, databases, etc.  EBCIDIC vs ASCII
and Windows vs OS/400.  Had the IBM PC, and IBM Midrange, and IBM Mainframe
all been on the same wave, there would be no conversions necessary from
system to system.  Other computer manufacturers are all compatible from
small to large systems.