  • Subject: RE: Forecasting by item VS forecasting by family
  • From: "Tingley, Judy" <Jtingle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 08:43:59 -0400

Production Tool supply has roughly 70,000 active Part numbers at our main
warehouse and 18 other warehouses that handle between 5,000 to 30,000 part
numbers each. Each person is responsible for 5,000 part numbers.  We are a
distributor only we do not do any manufacturing.   There is no manual
invervention in the forecast process we transfer the forecast to DRP where
we have made some modifications to better handle our volumes.  We locked all
our items to use only forecast method G.  No one reviews the forecast before
it is transfered to DRP.  We use the DRP process to distribute product from
our Main whs to our branch stores, however for purchasing we set DRP up to
only create requistions, then the requistions are reviewed using a modified
version of the DRP Planner Report.  We have been using DRP for about 5
months.

Judy Tingley
Production Tool Supply
810-755-7770  ext. 320