  • Subject: RE: LDA Changes L#USER, L#TERM
  • From: "Ellsworth, Bob" <Bob.Ellsworth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 16:15:45 -0400

Art-

We've hit this.  One finance user becomes another, including all
command access of the other user.

Our GEAC/Answerlink conversation included some places to
check in your system.  But the bottom line was that it was a
problem that's been accepted by Studley for correction in a
subsequent release.

-BobE
 Pollak Engineered Products
 Canton, MA

Staff contributed to case via the Web 2 Feb 2001 7:48:07 PM Low Teri
Willoughby Event Log Notes --
Case was locked from 7:42:34 PM to 7:48:07 PM.
Indeed this is a known issue that was fixed as part of v351 in PTF
P#CSV30116. The programs corrected are CS002 and CS003. Can you please check
two things for me on your system:

#1) Using the following command, see if this PTF has been applied to your
production environment: DSPPFM OSLCSD3/PTFLOG On the FIND line, type in
P#CSV30116 and see if it appears in this file. (If you have renamed OSLCSD3
to something else on your AS/400, then change the command above to suit your
particular set up.

#2) Using PDM, so into the source for CS002 and CS003 and see if you can
find mod markings of CS/V3/0855 or CSV30855. Basically just scan for 855 and
see if it's there.

If you will do these two things for me and let me know the results, then we
can go from there to determine what needs to be done to correct the problem.

Thanks!
Regards,
Teri Willoughby/GEAC S21 Support

Customer updated case via the Web 5 Feb 2001 8:14:34 AM Low Bob Ellsworth
Event Log Notes --
Case was locked from 8:10:56 AM to 8:14:34 AM.
Thanks for the quick response. PTF CSV30116 does appear in the listing. The
CS002 source includes "CSV30855 JNO 24/09/97 Stop User Profile Corruption"
and CS003 includes "CSV30855 JNO 23/09/97 Stop the corruption of the user
id.." Hope this helps.

Staff contributed to case via the Web 5 Feb 2001 10:29:16 AM Low Teri
Willoughby Event Log Notes --
Case was locked from 10:19:19 AM to 10:29:16 AM.
This is odd that you can see the fix and yet the problem is persisting. I am
now curious about this. Do you have an ECS line with us? I am getting ready
to go into a meeting, but will be available later this afternoon. If you can
bring up the line and give me the sign on details, I will be more than happy
to check this out for you.

Let me know. Thanks !
Regards,
Teri

Staff contributed to case via the Web 7 Feb 2001 8:54:37 PM Low Teri
Willoughby Event Log Notes --
Case was locked from 8:50:35 PM to 8:54:37 PM.
I have found out since I spoke with you last time that this indeed has been
logged and accepted by Studley. I am looking into being able to get you the
fix for this. I will let you know as soon as I have an answer for you.

Staff contributed to case via phone/direct 8 Feb 2001 11:55:19 AM Low Teri
Willoughby Event Log Notes --
Case was locked from 11:52:39 AM to 11:55:19 AM.
Spoke with Bob this morning to let him know that I have not forgotten about
him. Explained that this has been logged to Studley and accepted and that I
am "running up channels" to get an early fix. Told Bob that I am closing the
case and he needs to now track it via the solution number 198190.
Sent email to Glen and everyone involved in this to see what the status of
the solution is.

Staff contributed to case via phone/direct 15 Feb 2001 8:43:01 AM Low Teri
Willoughby Event Log Notes --
Case was locked from 8:39:54 AM to 8:42:53 AM.
I have signed up Bob for Solution #198190. This case is now closed and the
customer can track the progress through the solution.