  • Subject: Re: Philly JBA User's Group
  • From: "Rick Allen" <rick.allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 15:06:43 +1100

Hi Doug

The former Tamrock (of which EIMCO was, and still is, associated)  is now a
wholly owned subsidiary of Sandvik. Our IT service division, originally
located in Pittsburgh, then Miami, was moved to Tampere, Finland. The
original team members from Pittsburgh have all since left the company. One
went to work for JBA/GEAC in Cincinnati, and the other two work together
consulting out of Pittsburgh - at least thats the status some 18 months
ago.

The former Tamrock - now Sandvik Mining and Construction - has only a
branch office in Pennsylvania of its EIMCO manufacturing division
fromBluefield, WV.

SMC's major North American sites on System 21 are in Atlanta-GA,
Alachua-FL, Bluefield-WV and Burlington-Ontario. I am not aware that any of
these sites are actively participating in user groups and certainly not in
PA.

Rgds

Rick Allen
IT Manager, VA Eimco Australia