Dear ?,

I have read your original Question and your response to the other inputs.
Would you like to advise me on what it is that you are trying to achieve and
then we may be able to help some more. From the task you defined in the
original question it appears that you do not use JBA task manager to Submit
your batch activity but you Submit it yourself, is that correct?

If this is the case then you already have full control over the jobq to use
by specifying it on the SBMJOB command. A lot depends on what you want to do
you could have a Jobq just for some jobs that starts more than one job at a
time, or create a separate subsystem and jobq,s for certain task,users etc,
and you could then also control what system resources these jobs would get.

If these are bespoke options you may wish to consider creating a service job
(similar to JBA background jobs) that is passed the input parameters from
the prompt program via a Data queue this would save the time and overhead of
the Jobq and the startup of the batch process, enough data would need to be
passed in the data queue to allow the response from the batch activity to be
directed back to the requestor.

Hope this gives you some ideas,

Best regards,

Colin