To date, we have not solved this problem. To get by, we changed the
standard lot size to 1. We also got JBA involved in this matter. They were
not able to help us in any possible way. JBA believed that our data was
incorrect.  That is why JBA thought the MPS run was giving us such huge
requirements. We started having this problem during testing of 3.5.2b, this
was in the summer of 1999. What I would like to know is what JBA did to
solve this issue. This would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Lorena Frausto

                    "Bruce Stern"

                    <sternb@home.com>          To:
<JBAUSERS-L@midrange.com>
                    Sent by:                   cc:

                    owner-jbausers-l@mi        Subject:     Re: JBA's MPS/MRP

                    drange.com

                    11/22/00 08:36 PM

                    Please respond to

                    JBAUSERS-L

Sorry for the very late reply and I hope you have this solved already.  We
had the same problem following an upgrade from V2 to V3.5.2b and got JBA
involved.  The bug was confirmed and our local JBA office helped fix it.
Thank heavens for having source code!  Someone at JBA apparently thought no
one used anything but a quantity per of 1.  We had always used 100 as our
"standard lot size" to buy a couple of extra decimal places in the product
structure.  We were finding requirements 100 times higher than expected.
This was finally fixed in less than a day after messing around for weeks
with a variety of people.  This really should be in JBA's knowledge base by
now since we found and fixed this in July of 1999!

Please let me know if I can help further.

Best,

Bruce Stern
sternb@home.com