  • Subject: RE: Vendor Scheduing and Service Pack 3
  • From: "Muir, Betsy" <BMuir@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 10:01:23 -0500

Hi Michele:

Here are the problems we are having.  They are significant enough for us to
cancel install of SP3 that was scheduled for 11/11.  Our main reason for the
install is that we are working on a project to "put" our vendor schedules
out on a web site for our suppliers (target date for pilot - mid November)
and want to make sure we had the latest release of VS in place.

1.      Vendor schedule detail records created from MRP with status code 40
(quantity change) no longer have the purchase order on them (file VSP45).
If they are in the firm order range, they are adding the quantity on to the
existing purchase order when processed.  The part number we were testing
should have 40,000 due on 11/20 but after running vendor scheduling 8 times
on the item, the purchase order is showing 320,000 due.
2.      The last receipt date on the vendor schedule print is blank for all
300+ items that we vendor schedule. (This was reported to JBA.)
3.      The cumulative quantity printing on the vendor schedule has a bug.
The arrears quantity on an item is causing the cumulative quantity on the
next item to be increased by the arrears quantity from the prior item.
(This was reported to JBA.)

I don't think many companies are using vendor scheduling.  There are no VS
fixes in the UK fix pack or the US fix pack that we applied to SP3 - this
leads me to believe that it hasn't been fully checked/tested in the install
base.

Betsy