  • Subject: Running MPS and MRP overnight
  • From: "Mant, Phil" <pmant@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 09:48:28 -0700

The method I have implemented here, is to

1) Create 2 new applications, MP and MR in the live environment, which
exactly resemble the base applications.

2) Duplicate the library lists for MR and MP from the blank environment to
the live environment

3) Create a new job queue (We have called it JBANITEQ, and add it to the
QBATCH subsystem.

4) Create new tasks for running MPS and MRP based on the blank environment
tasks. The interactive program to be called for MPS, is changed from MP002P
to MP002,exclusivity removed and the job queue changed to a job queue which
is released by our Robot scheduler at 10pm (but machine manager day end
could do this) and held in the machine manager day start. The interactive
program to be called for MRP, is changed from MR002P to MR002, exclusivity
removed.

Alternatively, instead of using day start and day end you can press F4
instead of enter when taking the run MPS or MRP option. This displays
another screen when the job is submitted which will allow the job to be run
at a specific time the same day. I don't think you can do this if you are
running S21 Explorer though. If anyone knows differently then please let me
know.

I hope this helps.

Phil Mant
Senior Technical Consultant