  • Subject: RE: back to back Shipments (AKA direct shipments)
  • From: Ram Hari <ramhari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 15:27:26 -0400

Hi Mark,
        Hope this helps, If you have any questions Email me

Basic steps for Back to Backs:
1. If you had used library consolidation check for Dataq's INPQ001, 002 ect
are in place.
2. If you use green screen go to menu INB where you can start the
reservation monitor and that would activate program IN605 to be run on the
back ground.
Entering a direct delivery Order.
1. If you know that an item is always to be direct shipped, you can set it
up on the item maintenance under ordering method.
2. If you decide DD during order entry time, Enter the line and select
option 1 for line amend, Prompt on the ordering method field and select
direct delivery.
3. Now a screen would pop up showing the vendor, price and purchase officer
info from item supplier profile.
4. Press enter and a Requisition would be created for the line.
5. After exiting out of the order you can get the req. number from the whole
order inq.
6. Now go to menu /RQP (Req. Processing)
7. Check your req. through Req confirmation. A good thing here is if for any
reason you need to change supplier you can do it at this level.
8. Now create PO 31/RQP. Release New orders through PM and your DD PO is
ready.
9. For a DD JBA would directly populate customer address as the receiving
address so no problem there. Please note you cannot amend a DD PO
10. Now if you receive the PO, the info is passed to IN605 through dtaq
INPQ001 and IN605 calls OE125Y to allocate and confirm dispatch
11. Verify through Whole order inq. the invoice number generated
12. For Back to backs (Purchase to order) when PO received the order line is
automatically allocated.
13. The relation ship between PO and SO for BB, DD and RS are stored in
INP71

Ram S. Hari
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
mailto:ramhari@wasserstrom.com