I love the response this PCP01 purge program is getting...  I can't wait to
hear Lee's response...  Hey Bruce, here is a topic for the developers to
think about...  Purging and archiving...  Could really use some sprucing
up...

Another file of ours that is the largest file on our system with a whopping
40 Million records is FLP062...!!!  There's a file I'd like to purge...  I
need to know more about it though...  Is there already a purge routine for
this one and when is it safe to purge it...?  Anyone...?

In the meantime I've set about the task of developing our own program to do
the PCP01 purge...

I hate to reinvent the wheel as it were, but we wanted to include more of
the downstream files that are populated when the transaction manager job in
MJ_CONTROL reads these PCP01 records and scatters them to the four winds...

Here is a list of the files we feel need to be included in this purge
scenario...  We are going to use a combination of dates/periods/and
transaction numbers to achieve this purging...  We feel this is an
effective and thorough approach...

We plan to run this job on the last day of each month and calculate the
dates and periods so that the 13th month historical data is deleted...  We
have another automatic file reorg job that runs in the middle of each month
to reclaim the disk space left by the deleted records...

The list of files that we are planning to include in the purge program:

PCP01,PCP02,PCP03,PCP04,PCP06,PCP52,PCP53,PCP56,PCP58,PCP59,PCP62,PCP65,PCP
93,FIP45.

I'll let you know how it works...  In the meantime if you have some cool
utilities of your own you'd like to share maybe we can work out a trade of
some kind...?

Thanks.