  • Subject: FW: Making a Ship Note based on more than one Sales Order
  • From: "Stone, Carol" <CStone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 16:58:12 -0400

Title: FW: Making a Ship Note based on more than one Sales Order

Mike,

Advanced Customer Scheduling and Advanced Customer Shipping were designed to do exactly what you have stated you want to accomplish.  We have been utilizing these modules since December 99.  I would call them "functional" but with a handful of logic/design deficiencies.  The most significant frustration that we experienced while implementing these modules was the lack of JBA knowledge and experience with these modules.  3.5.2 is the first release where they finally worked with all of the additional PTF's applied.  We learned a lot just by trial and error before we went live.

We are also an automotive supplier and have similar customer order schedules like you.  JBA used to bill these two modules as their "Automotive" solution.  I noticed in a recent mailing from GEAC that when they were explaining their latest realignment they mention General, Drinks, and Style.  Automotive was not included.  I'm not sure what this means and how the will affect the two above mentioned modules.  At one point in time, I was told by some consultants within JBA that the solution they were NOW promoting within automotive for the EDI interfaces and customer schedules/shipping was Future Three.  Those in JBA management having closer ties to these modules denied that position.   Considering the amount of money we spent on JBA, we weren't able to make the additional pricey investment into Future Three.

Feel free to contact me if you would like more information on our experiences with these modules.

Carol Stone
IS Manager
KI(USA) Corp.
cstone@kiusa.com