  • Subject: RE: User count
  • From: Stefan Jansson <sjansson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 15:10:57 -0500

Bruce,

Thanks for all your feedback, and your openness towards this forum.  Very
refreshing.

On a personal note to the rest of the list:  Knowing that Bruce Mac is a man
who benchpresses intermediate sized automobiles just for fun, I think we
should do whatever he says !!!  Kidding aside, I'm going to put my two cents
in on his suggestions, speaking my personal opinion (not necessarily the
opinion of the company that cuts my paycheck) as a 7.5 year JBA veteran now
employed in the user community:

I think any endeavor that helps improve the communication between the users
of a software and the people who design and develop should be loudly
applauded.  I think this list is a good forum for people to feed suggestions
back to the development team, as one person's posted message may trigger
ideas from other users.  It probably makes sense for Bruce, or someone like
him, to act as a liaison and consolidate our opinions before getting
feedback from the developers.

One alternative to this list could be an internet based club (such as in
yahoo, http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/system21virtualusersgroup, as an
example).  This would allow us to actually interact real time with other
users.

As noble as the offer for Geac to sponsor this discussion is, I think it's
vital that the forum remains on neutral ground, in order to promote honesty
and openness.

On a somewhat separate topic, you mentioned that "the efforts and thoughts
you are
putting forward are seen and heard in the Geac community".  Any response
(from anyone) on the consistent negative messages that's been posted about
the source code policy?

Just one man's opinions,

Stefan Jansson
Fossil