  • Subject: RE: Reserving Stock
  • From: Rhearl@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri Jun 30 07:54:41 2000

Dan's method of entering an allocatable quote or entering a Sales Order with a
Suspend Code that is set-up to allocate will work, as will the other methods
listed below. If you don't wish to enter a dummy order (or quote), then either
freezing the stock or moving it to a stockroom reserved for a customer or group
of customers would be good choices. If you don't need to set up and use too
many stockrooms, then I would lean towards using the stockroom method and the
Out and In Stock Transfer and not the Freezing/Un-freezing because it requires
only one user transaction vs. 2 for the freeze/thaw scenario. If the majority
of the items for one of these special customers would be set aside in the
"reserved" stockroom, then the SOP Customer Master stockroom default could be
changed to the reserved stockroom.

Ray Hearl
Infotech Strategies
513-225-8299
rhearl@aol.com

In a message dated Tue, 27 Jun 2000  5:19:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Dan