HEAR HEAR!!!

My $.02 .....

My experiences with Dave were (and, I'm expecting, will continue to be)
great... I also had the pleasure of working with him @ JBA, as well as the
pleasure(???) of spending 5 weeks working on the Redbook with him in Rochester,
Minnesota...

I hope that Dawn Foods realizes what a pro they've gotten themselves!

(Ok, Dave, quit blushing!!! <GRIN>)

Nick Barraco
IS Manager
Petri Inc.
2223 Dove Street
Port Huron, MI 48060
810.985.9010
nbarraco@petriinc.com

>>> <Jeff_Klipa/Harvard@harvardind.com> 6/26/00 6:59:54 PM >>>
We have the 820 Remittance Advises processing through into the Autocash
system from Ford only at this time...

We did need a mod to the 3.5.1 code to get it to work...

I do not think we use 1/CSAI - We use Future 3 to pull the EDI in and then
send it through the interface into JBA...  It does work well for us after
the mod...

I would trust what Dave Barry said in his reply...  He should know, he
worked on the mod for us when he was still with JBA...

I hope the list will excuse me if I make a personal statement...  Dave's
departure from the Detroit office was a big loss for JBA and the customer
base...  His several years of experience and vast knowledge of the package
and superior technical ability were a valuable asset to us and all the
customers who were fortunate enough to have him work on their account over
the many years he was at JBA...  He was also my manager for a time during
my last years with JBA and he was perhaps the best manager I've ever worked
for...

Thankfully, he was one of the 4 authors of the IBM Redbook - GEAC/System 21
-  due to be published in August this year...  I am glad we were able to
get at least some of what he knows written down for the rest of us to
use...  Thank you...

I know Dave is a member of this list and I did not write what I did above
to embarrass him, but I wanted to say it publically because I do not feel
that he ever got the recognition he deserved when he was at JBA...

Good luck...

Doug333@aol.com on 06/26/2000 12:11:55 PM

Please respond to JBAUSERS-L@midrange.com