For those of you who have been receiving Source Code from JBA along with
your PTFs (Service Packs) and are expecting to continue receiving Source
Code, I may have some bad news for you...  You'd better dust of your
contract and give it a good read...  Especially the part that talks about
the Source Code Provision...

I received our V3.5.2B Service Pack 3 yesterday and it came without Source
Code...!!!  And we were told that we would not be getting Source Code in no
uncertain terms...  Upon closer inspection of our contract we see that we
are not entitled to our Source Code, but they will hold it in escrow for
us...  Excuse me - I need my source code, thank you very much...

Now I don't know about the rest of you but this hurts our business in a big
way...  We have lots of mods and we don't really want to pay GEAC to come
in and maintain those mods for us every time we want to do an upgrade...
We're stuck at V3.5.1 and need to get onto V3.5.2B by the end of the year
at the latest...

Not to mention the fact that they are losing all of their talent left and
right...  They don't have the resources to handle all of the requests they
are going to get hit with for retrofitting mods...  None of the people who
were involved in our implementation are still around...  So even if they
could scrape up enough warm bodies, we would have a bunch of strangers with
unknown skill sets working on our mods...  Not to mention the wasted time
and effort of our full time staff we have had devoted to this upgrade for
the last year solid...!!!  Also, Source Code was verbally promised to us in
our sales cycle...  And it's not just mods, we regularly use the source
code to diagnose and usually fix problems in the code...  We then send
those fixes to JBA so they can include them in the next service pack...

I am saddened and sickened to see that it has come to this...  Our business
has grown dependant on having source code and we will not be able to
upgrade with out it...  The livelihoods of many people are going to be
affected by this turn of events...  As a new member to this list I look
forward to hearing your responses...  I am sorry I had not known about the
list sooner...  I guess I've missed some interesting/lively discussion
threads...

Thank you...