  • Subject: RE: AS/400 upgrade - JBA licence fee
  • From: "Allen, Stuart" <sallen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 09:22:29 -0500

Angus,
We went from a 2180-620 to a 2061/1502-720 with 110 users, and as far as i
can remember we didn't have to pay anything extra to do with the number of
users.
Its the first i've heard of it, and to be frank, find it outrageous!  What's
the minimum no of users they are wanting?  In my experience they'll soon
buckle under some hard bargaining...

Also for your info, the physical upgrade is a piece of cake, its just a
processor cage swap, and takes less than an hour.   JBA were quoting us a
couple of k for "upgrade assistance", but your CE will do the hardware swap
for nothing!

Oh, and make sure you have your new licence keys before you start.....nearly
caught me out!

Regards,
Stuart

Stuart Allen