  • Subject: Re: Cash Forecasting with JBA data
  • From: Ian Owen <IanOwen1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 09:31:50 +0200

I heard very recently that Cognos had put something together for AR / AP
reporting in JBA. Exactly what I don't yet know, be it reports, data
models,
data cubes or what ever. I've used this product in the past to produce
various
reports over finance, order entry and inventory, and found it to be very
powerful. But then I've also hit those reports which which end up being
just too
complicated to produce through a reporting tool even so powerful.
One such set of reports were summarized AR Debtor reports - Aged Debt,
Ageing of Current Debt, and Overdue Debt. I ended up producing them as
cross tab reports with a PC database tool, as I had to include a
preliminary data extract (through a Pascal program) to get the data I
wanted into the required format. The JBA database is very strong, and
can produce very complicated data models, making some reports incredibly
difficult to produce within the rigid confines of a straight forward
reporting tool. I'd be interested to know of other peoples experience on
this....
Regards,
Ian Owen