  • Subject: RE: JBA Warehouse Offerings
  • From: John Manilla <jmanilla@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 12:10:17 -0500

As an alternative to Viewpoint you can look at CLASS/400 with the JBA
Interface.  This product is produced and sold by Sierra Consultants located
in Grand Rapids, Michigan.  see: http://www.sierraltd.com  or
mailto:ContactUs@sierraltd.com

The CLASS/400 is a direct TCP/IP client to the AS/400 without the use of
PC's between the scanners and the AS/400.  The product also uses no 5250
Emulation Sessions which allows the scanning to continue if the network or
the AS/400 is offline.  The scanned data is passed to data queues on the
AS/400 and all updates to JBA are passed through the standard System/21
programs so that all JBA validation and configuration rules are applied
before the data is updated in the System/21 database.
The users receive direct feedback on the scanners if something is invalid,
so that corrective action can be taken at the point of the scan.

Sincerely,

John Manilla, CPA, CDP                  mailto:JManilla@sierraltd.com

President and COO

Sierra Consultants Ltd.                   Tel: (616) 530-9393 x1101
2976 Ivanrest - Suite 200               Fax: (616) 530-6311
Grandville, MI 49418  USA             URL: http://www.sierraltd.com

AS/400 Data Collection using Client/Server Technology without PC's in
the middle or the overhead of 5250 Sessions!
Sierra Consultants Ltd. is a Premier Solutions Partner with Intermec
Technologies, a Business Partner with JBA International and
specializes in AS/400 based Client/Server Data Collection Solutions
(without the necessity of a PC-in-the-middle or the AS/400 overhead
of 5250 Terminal Emulation).  Sierra re-sells the Intermec line of
products exclusively and has installed most of the Intermec line,
including Janus, Antares, Norand, MaxiLAN and Intermec Printers.

If you would like assistance with AS/400 based Data Collection, contact
me at mailto:JManilla@sierraltd.com