  • Subject: RE: PMP09 - Purchase Transactions file questions
  • From: "Dan Bale" <dbale@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 14:50:57 -0500

Ram, Mark,

Thanks for you replies.  I neglected to mention an important element of the
report requirements.  Not only do I need to list the top ten suppliers by
dollars, I also need to list the top 20 items by dollars for each of the top ten
suppliers.  Neither the PLP15 nor PLP20 files will have this data.

INP95 does have the item number, but how will this differ from what's already in
the PMP09 file?  Mark, I don't understand your comment about partial receipts;
you make it sound like multiple transactions for the same order/line# are
cumulative, but that isn't what I'm seeing in the file.  Plus, I'd have to look
elsewhere to get the vendor number; how do you use the GRN to get the vendor
number?  Plus, I only see GRNs for 'P' transactions; how do I get the vendor for
a "direct delivery" ('R')?

So, continuing on the assumption that I still need to use PMP09 (but feel free
to contradict that)...

I am already testing Transaction Quantity (TQTY09) to be greater than 0.  I
presume that this is the definitive test to tell that we have actually received
the item, which is the test I have been told to use.  Not necessarily invoiced.
I say "presume" because I find it rather annoying that the Receipt Date field
can have a future date in it, even though there is a Due Date field defined in
the record.

Not to beat a dead horse, but, why the heck are users allowed to enter a receipt
date for something they haven't received?  Well, I just checked, and I see that
this is entered as an "expected date" on the order entry.  Sheesh!

Again, thanks for your help!  (I BCC'd this to both Ram & Mark.)

- Dan Bale

Ram Hari <ramhari@wasserstrom.com> wrote:

     To get the Top Ten Suppliers by $ value, I think you should go by
PL(AP) files and find out the total $ paid to vendors for the given period
range. My best bet would be to get the report out of PLP15 and PLP20.
If you still want to use PMP09 then RRYN09 (Receipts Required Indicator)
should be '0' and INVT09(Invoice Type, Gets filled up when Invoice matching
is done) should NOT be equal to Blanks, so that you get all closed, Invoice
Matched POs.

"OleBlighty" <oleblighty@home.com> wrote:

As an alternative to using PMP09 you can use INP95 looking at transaction
type (TRAN95) of 'P' for receipts (also look for code 'R' if you are using
Direct Deliveries).  This file does not contain the Vendor number but it
does contain the GRN in field REFN95 so you can easily access the order line
details.  I like this file because it contains not only the receipt quantity
and cost but both the date entered on the system (REFD95) and the date keyed
as the "receipt date" by the user (DTMV95).

If you use INP95 then you don't have to worry about multiple records in
PMP09 for the same order line (partial receipts) and flags such as the
receipt required (RYRN09).  To know what has actually been recieved by
looking at PMP09 you need to look at the Transaction Quantity (TQTY09) being
greater then Zero.  The receipt date on the record will be the date the user
keyed in.  Those PMP09's you see with a future receipt date will be for
lines not yet received.

If the report is only for receipts that have been Invoice Matched for then
you must use PMP09 as the driver.

I originally wrote:

I have been asked to produce a report of the "top ten suppliers" by dollars,
Y-T-D.  I am using the Purchase Transactions (PMP09) file to retrieve the
receipt quantity and price, multiplying these two to get total dollars.

Unfortunately, my understanding of how this file is used is limited.  I am
seeing transactions with the receipt date in the future.  What do I need to
check to see if this item has _actually_ been received?

Also, what date would you recommend using to select for Y-T-D?