  • Subject: RE: Reuse Deleted Records Option
  • From: "Allen, Stuart" <sallen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 08:28:25 -0500

Luckily we have downtime available to re-org all files on a Sunday.  To do
this we use a tool from OS Solutions called OS Director. This lets you
specify by library what to re-organise, whether to use a particular key, and
to re-organise on a % of deleted space.

As well as letting you schedule re-orgs, you can clean up spool files,
journals, IBM logs etc.  You can also use it to log library/file sizes for
capacity planning, and it even has it's own scheduler, plus a lot more
besides!  For its ease of use, and its "set-up and forget" operation, i'd
certainly recommend taking a look. (I have no contact with this company,
apart from being a user of their products)

http://www.os-solutions.com/

JBA don't recommend re-using deleted records, but so long as you don't have
any mods/other software that uses sequential processing, you should be ok.
Should.

Regards,

Stuart