  • Subject: JBA being aquired
  • From: "OleBlighty" <oleblighty@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 17:19:28 -0700

JBA gossip for anyone interested.........

BUSINESS WIRE: GEAC COMPUTER CORPORATION LIMITED -- BILLION DOLLAR SOFTWARE
 GIANT TO BE CREATED FROM \
ACQUISITION OF UK'S SECOND LARGEST SOFTWARE COMPANY
100% match; Business Wire ; 22-Jul-1999 10:02:41 pm ; 356 words

LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 22, 1999--Geac Computer Corporation Limited
(TSE:GAC) announced today that it intends to acquire
JBA Holdings PLC (LSE:JBA) in a deal valued at approximately C$205.5 M
(92.5M), or 2.50 per share.

The offer has been unanimously endorsed by the Boards of both companies.
The offer is subject to statutory and regulatory approval as
well as to certain conditions set out in the formal offer, including
acceptance of the offer by a minimum of 90 percent of the shareholders of
JBA.

JBA is one of the word's largest mid-market ERP (enterprise resource
planning) software companies with 1998 revenues in excess of C$500M (
215M) from continuing operations. JBA is a leading systems provider to the
food and beverage, apparel, automotive supplier, and electronics industries
 servicing approximately 4500 customers in over 50 countries. JBA's
revenues have grown at a compounded rate of over 20 percent since 1994.

Douglas Bergeron, President and CEO of Geac said: "This is an historic
event for all stakeholders of Geac and JBA. As a combined
organization, we will be one of the largest software companies in the
world, and a leading force in the ERP marketplace. The new organization
will have enhanced abilities to satisfy our customers and to provide
greater opportunities for our employees."

Ken Briddon, CEO of JBA commented: "We are very excited about joining Geac.
 Our businesses are highly complementary, both in the
markets we serve and by geography. The combined financial strength of our
organizations means that we can continue our record of
product excellence and market leadership."

Geac Computer Corporation Limited (Toronto Stock Exchange: Symbol GAC) is a
 provider of mission critical software and systems,
supplying industry-specific solutions to large and medium sized enterprises
 operating in a number of vertical markets. Headquartered
in Markham, Ontario, Canada, Geac has more than 90 offices in 16 countries
and serves customers in more than 40 countries worldwide.
Geac products and service information is available on the World Wide Web at
 (http://www.geac.com).