  • Subject: Re: Where to find work orders
  • From: "Dan Bale" <dbale@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 15:18:23 -0400

>>Work orders, manufacturing orders that is are in the MSP
files.  The work order header is in MSP40, the operations
steps are in MSP42, and the materials used are in MSP42 at
the summary level.  There are some differences in various
versions beyond that.  What exactly are you trying to find
out?  FWIW, INP56 and INP57 are the header and details for
sales despatch notes and AFAIK have nothing to do with work
orders at all.<<

Bruce,

Thanks for the heads-up on MSP40.  It has the cost values
I'm looking for.  INP56/INP57 are, in fact, populated with
work orders (as well as regular orders).

I am using this information to functionally duplicate a
monthly summary report that we had in our old (DPS) system
used by people in our purchasing department.  From the DPS
P.O. Header & Detail (which includes work orders), the report
showed number of P.O.s entered, number of P.O. items, number
of vendors, work order dollars, and P.O. dollars for the
specified month.

- Dan Bale