Suggest you look at Electran/AS from Electran. This product can most likely
do what you want.  Also check this months issue of AS/400 magazine for a
user story on what their product does....

----------
From:  John Bussert [SMTP:jbussert@stecnet.com]
Sent:  Thursday, March 18, 1999 7:13 AM
To:  JBAUSERS-L@midrange.com
Cc:  Ken Klispie
Subject:  RE: E-Commerce

There is a tool  from Progress software Apptivity that we have used for a
number of clients that does not require anything special on the 400 except
the Java toolkit for the JDBC driver.  You can create Java based inquiries
and status reports very quickly and deliver them to your customers.

As long as the database is external, this would work great.

You can download a sample test at www.progress.com then follow the like to
the Apptivity group.

john

John Bussert