To: All JBA Users

Here are some helpful hint in Reconciling your P/L and S/L against the G/L

The following has been my experiences with working with the JBA Ledgers.  If
you spot any errors or anything I overlooked please let me know.

Purchase Ledger Reconciliation
1. Check for any failed P/L sessions and correct any errors.
2. Write a query over the purchase ledger open items, select file PLOPITMS
(PLP15) and total the report.
3. Compare this total against a query over the General Ledger balances (FLP004)
selecting only the P/L control account.  Use the Fiscal YTD Credits and Fiscal
YTD Debit from the previous period and add all of  the following periods
movements for Credits and Debits.
4. If the Purchase Ledger still does not balances, something is wrong with the
General Ledger Balances. Check the following:
5. Ensure the G/L background job is active and has completed processing (Job
goes to DLY-30 when complete)
6. Write a query over the General Ledger Transactions (FLP008), total up the
movement by period of the P/L control account and compare this with the query
over the General Ledger Balances.
7. If the General Ledger Balances do not agree with you General Ledger
Transaction for the P/L control account, then do the following:
8. Create a query over the General Ledger Transaction (FLP008) select
transactions where the General Ledger Update Number is less than or equal to
zero.
9. If transactions appear on the previous query, then your G/L background job
is ending *immed or there has been a power failure in the past.
10. To correct the transactions that have not updated the balances, you can do
two things. A) Run option 21 on menu GLU. (Not recommended if you have purged
your G/L in the past). B) Update the FLP007 record and set the update number to
zero for the records that are on the previous query.  This will re-post all
FLP008 records that have their update number set to zero.  Doing this might
cause your UDV's to double up.  In which case you may have to re-build your
UDV's (21/GLM).

Sales Ledger Reconciliation
1. Check for any failed S/L sessions and correct any errors.
2. Write a query over the sales ledger open items, select file OPENITMS (SLP15)
and total the report.
3. Compare this total against a query over the General Ledger balances (FLP004)
selecting only the S/L control account.  Use the Fiscal YTD Credits and Fiscal
YTD Debit from the previous period and add all of  the following periods
movements for Credits and Debits.
4. If the Sales Ledger still does not balances, something is wrong with the
General Ledger Balances. Check the following:
5. Ensure the G/L background job is active and has completed processing (Job
goes to DLY-30 when complete)
6. Write a query over the General Ledger Transactions (FLP008), total up the
movement by period of the S/L control account and compare this with the query
over the General Ledger Balances.
7. If the General Ledger Balances do not agree with you General Ledger
Transaction for the S/L control account, then do the following:
8. Create a query over the General Ledger Transaction (FLP008) select
transactions where the General Ledger Update Number is less than or equal to
zero.
9. If transactions appear on the previous query, then your G/L background job
is ending *immed or there has been a power failure in the past.
10. To correct the transactions that have not updated the balances, you can do
two things. A) Run option 21 on menu GLU. (Not recommended if you have purged
your G/L in the past). B) Update the FLP007 record and set the update number to
zero for the records that are on the previous query.  This will re-post all
FLP008 records that have their update number set to zero.  Doing this might
cause your UDV's to double up.  In which case you may have to re-build your
UDV's (21/GLM).

Please do not update any data directly unless you know what you are doing as
this can make matters worse.

If you have purged you G/L in the past, check that the opening balances
transactions first applied to the B/S have not been purged.  If they have and
you rebuild the balances based upon the G/L transactions, the B/S will start
off each account with an opening balance of zero.

Russell Crawford
Independent JBA Consultant

russell@rocksys.demon.co.uk
Russell Crawford