  • Subject: RE: JOBPTY
  • From: Brad Cork <BCork@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 08:37:43 +1000

Jim,

We were having problems with job queues.  For us it wasn't so much the
priority that was the problem, but that if someone submitted a report or
longer running batch job it would stop despatch from operating.  We have
resolved the problem by setting up groups that use different job queues,
thus ensuring that people who submit quick jobs which they need quickly (eg
despatch) aren't held up by others.  This has worked well for us.

Thanks,
Have a great day,
Brad Cork.
I.T. Manager
Sheet Metal Supplies
Phone: +61 2 9709 5000 | PO Box 4545 | 69 Gow Street
Fax: +61 2 9707 9196 | Milperra Mail Centre | Padstow
Mobile: 0412 250 142 | NSW Australia 1891 | NSW Australia 2211
"I.T. - Making your life easier."
The views in this e-mail not necessarily the views of Sheet Metal
Supplies.