  • Subject: RE: Pick Note Print
  • From: Dan Thomas <DThomas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 09:30:40 -0400

        Check out the JBA web site.  They have a white paper on futures
and their plan is to develop standard interfaces at both the file and
program level.  This is a very important issue with us.  We are using
Vertex for sales taxes.  JBA's interface for this product is totally
custom and the modifications involved 40-50 key programs.  We also want
to use 3rd party logistics software and possibly a 3rd party warehouse
management module.
        We had someone out from JBA the other day working with us on
System 21 Explorer.  We got a demo of Constructor, Work Management,
Visual Components, etc.  It all looked good, but I'm not holding my
breath on General Availability.  It does look like we'll be using
Explorer because all our users want multiple sessions and each normal
host login counts counts against your user license limits.  Multiple
sessions within Client Workspace or S21 Explorer do not count against
the license.  I personally hate the menu interface of Client Workspace
so we are going with Explorer.
        JBA is also promising commitment control in the next release
along with a cleanup of the database.  I'm sure some of you veterans
have heard this before.

Dan Thomas
Sr. VP Information Systems
Medical Distribution, Inc.