  • Subject: Re: Summarising invoice detail lines
  • From: Jim Sehi <jsehi@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 07:49:49

Angus,

Is JBA System 21 pretty big in the ERP market in Europe?  I am curious
because that is the message I keep hearing.  To my knowledge, their
presence here in the USA is very limited.  We are one of the few sites
running most of the JBA System 21 modules on the same box.

What modules are you running?  We are a manufacturing firm and do not run
Style or Drinks... We are in the process of implementing (for the first
time) the entire suite of products (all at the same time, big bang
theory)... AR, AP, GL, Fixed Assets, OE, AO, IN, CR, SS, WO, (all
manufacturing tools), and integrating our current distribution system.

How long has your company been up on JBA?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At 12:50 PM 4/21/98 +0100, you wrote:
>In message <3.0.1.16.19980417181054.493fe966@popmail.rmii.com>, Jim Sehi
><jsehi@hach.com> writes
>>We have a similar problem because we are wanting to summarize various
>>classes of charges in groups for international shipments to avoid customs
>>and collections problems.... to my knowledge, there is no way to do this in
>>JBA and you have to program it all yourself.... sorry.
>>
>>What is your feeling in regards to the JBA System 21 product so far?  Where
>>are you from?
>>
>Jim,
>
>I think the System 21 product is ok as it goes. I think that JBA could
>spend more time & resource revisiting some of the older parts of the
>system as there are still quite a few problems which they really should
>have had sorted out by now. e.g. I agree with the person from Canada
>talking about the 2 separate fields for the postcode.
>
>BTW I am from Cambridge, England.
>
>Angus
>+---
>| This is the JBA Software Users Mailing List!
>| To submit a new message send your mail to JBAUSERS-L@midrange.com.
>+---

Jim Sehi
Sr. Programmer/Analyst