Rob,

I don't believe Authority lists and Group Profiles are mutually
exclusive, I think they are complimentary.  The way we have always
practiced (and preached) it is like this:

Group Profiles are used to assemble users who do a similar function into
a group.  Authority lists assemble objects that should be secured
similarly into an object group.  The combination of the two provides for
the most efficient way that I know of to secure individual objects in
OS/400.

You could choose to use just one or the other, but they are not mutually
exclusive.

jte

--
John Earl | Chief Technology Officer
The PowerTech Group

This email message and any attachments are intended only for the use of
the intended recipients and may contain information that is privileged
and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any
dissemination, distribution, or copying is strictly prohibited. If you
received this email message in error, please immediately notify the
sender by replying to this email message, or by telephone, and delete
the message from your email system.