Justin,

Granting a user *SPLCTL does for spooled files what *ALLOBJ does for
object authority.  You won't be able to restrict their access to any
spooled file on any output queue. However, you can accomplish the access
control you're looking for.

Try setting Authority to check to *DTAAUT and display any file to *NO.
Then use object authority (perhaps at the group level) to the output
queue.  *EXCLUDE is no access, *USE allows the user to see and work with
thier own files, and *CHANGE allows the user to manage all the files on
the queue.

Setting the OPRCTL parameter to *YES allows a user with *JOBCTL special
authority to manage the queue even if they don't have authority to
display/copy/send the files.  Spooled file security on the i-Series is
very flexible.  Try the settings above and experiment.  Good luck.

Regards,

Mark Knoppel, CISSP
Global IT Security Audit Manager, Visteon account
IBM Global Services
6151 Lakeside Dr. Suite 1100, Reno, NV 89511
Phone/Fax: 916-641-4490 T/L 577-4490

Internet mail: knoppel@xxxxxxxxxx

Justin Batten <JBatten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: security400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/27/2004 01:34 PM
Please respond to
Security Administration on the AS400 / iSeries

"Security400 (E-mail)" <security400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[Security400] Secure OUTQ by user/group

Hello All,

I'm looking for a way to secure spool files in an OUTQ.  I have somewhat
acheived this by setting Auth to chk = *OWNER, oper ctrld = *NO, and
disply
any file = *OWNER on the OUTQ and then giving *SPLCTL spec auth to the
users
who need to have access to it.  However, I need to be able to setup
multiple
OUTQs with different permissions for each.  I don't want all users with
*SPLCTL to be able to see ALL secured spool files.  I would like to be
able
to say group A can access OUTQ1, group B can access OUTQ2, and so on.  Any
ideas?

Thanks.

Justin Batten
Computer Programmer
Craighead Electric Cooperative Corporation
Jonesboro, AR
(870) 932-8301  ext. 1050
JBatten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx