Tom,

Sorry, I omitted a step -- DSPMODSRC. I
can run:

STRDBG
DSPMODSRC
F14 - add program with option 1.

I cannot run:
STRDBG PGM(mylib/mypgm)

These two sets of steps are functionally
equivalent. I end up in a debug session
for the program.

Thanks,

David Morris

>>> thomas@inorbit.com 03/15/02 18:23 PM >>>
David:

On Fri, 15 March 2002, "David Morris" wrote:

> Thanks for responding. I do have a workaround,
> which is to press F14 and add the program after
> running a simple STRDBG. I do have all of the
> rights to the program, source, and library that the
> manual says are required via my effective group.

Can you clarify "...press F14 and add the program after running a simple
STRDBG"? What is a "simple STRDBG"? I.e., if I do a simple STRDBG, I
have no display that I can press <F14> against. I.e., I have to actually
STRDBG against some program in order to reach a display where <F14> is
available.

Now, at least one implication of that is that there's a second program
involved in the job stack.

And naturally there _could_ even be a bug in debug!  :-)

Tom Liotta