Marek,

We sell Security software, including exit programs, so while I can't
show you working code, I can provide assistance on how to make exit
programs work.  If you want a heads up on how to get this done, I'd be
happy to provide some pointers.

For Starters: If you want to control Telnet, you'll want to look to
the TCP/IP management guide for the data formats and parameters.  To
control ODBC & JDBC, loop to the Client Access Host Servers Guide and
the Distributed Data Management Guide (for the DRDA element of ODBC
and JDBC).

Remember that with the ODBC programs, your exit programs will be
re-entrant.  You'll have to clean up after yourself after each use.

You'll also have to manage your own library list.  Don't assume that
the user has all of your objects in their library list because you
don't always know where they are coming from.  You'll have to
explicitly point at your own objects.

As far as the Telnet code, there are several simple versions of a
telnet program circling the net.  Check the Midrange archives and I'm
sure you'll find one.

If you happen to attend COMMON this fall, I'll be doing a session on
Exit Program Management (session 31CK), you may want to check it out

HTH,

jte

--
John Earl                              johnearl@powertechgroup.com