On 12-Aug-2016 12:49 -0500, Justin Taylor wrote:
I'm using embedded SQL and trying to insert into an XML column in a
local DB2 table. The XML exists in a stream file on my IFS. I've ran
the stream file thru an XML validator, and it passes. Despite that,
I'm getting a SQLSTATE of 2200M (The XML document is not valid).

I've made two different attempts, each giving the same 2200M.
1. Define and load a sqlType(CLOB_FILE) variable and insert that
variable.
<<SNIP>>

Any thoughts?

That sqlstate is used for multiple sqlcode values:

IBM i 7.2->Database->Reference->SQL messages and codes->Listing of SQL messages
[http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/ssw_ibm_i_72/rzala/rzalaml.htm]

SWAG: Verify the CCSID of the file is correct\as-expected, and that the CCSID assigned to that file is a match to both the data stored in the file and what a directive in that data for what is the data encoding.

IBM i 7.3->Database->Programming->SQL XML programming->SQL statements and SQL/XML functions->Application programming language support->Declaring XML host variables in embedded SQL applications
[http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_73/rzasp/rzaspxml1516.htm]
"… SQL TYPE IS XML AS CLOB_FILE <hostvar_name> to define a CLOB file that contains XML data encoded in the file CCSID. …"